There is a lot of good information on Meniere’s disease online, but it can be hard to find. I created this to be the definitive list of links and resources for Meniere’s disease patients.
Finding a great doctor to treat Meniere’s Disease:
- Healthgrades – The resource I recommend over all others for finding a doctor. To find a great doctor near you, search for highly rated Neurotologists in your area.
- The Vestibular Disorders Association Provider Directory – VEDA’s searchable database of Vestibular Specialists.
- The US News and World Report’s Top ENT Hospital Rankings – A ranking list of the top ENT Hospitals in the US.
- The American Board of Otolaryngology – Use this website to check if your doctor is a board certified Otolaryngologist or Neurotologist.
Nonprofit Organizations that Serve the Meniere’s Community:
- The Vestibular Disorders Association – An incredible nonprofit organization that goes above and beyond for the Meniere’s disease community on a regular basis. For almost 30 years, VEDA has been a highly respected source of scientifically credible information on vestibular disorders. Through their publications and online community, VEDA has reached literally millions of vestibular patients with critical information and support. I highly recommend getting involved, either by becoming a supporting member, or as a volunteer.
- Meniere’s Resources Inc. – A wonderful nonprofit organization that tirelessly serves the Meniere’s disease community, day in, day out. Meniere’s Resources Inc. is dedicated to raising public awareness about Meniere’s disease and providing support and encouragement to those still suffering from Meniere’s and other vestibular disorders.
- Whirled Foundation – A great nonprofit that offers support to everyone with a Vestibular disorder. Formally Meniere’s Australia.
- The Meniere’s Society – A UK based charity that serves people with Meniere’s disease and other Vestibular disorders. Provides resources to patients and grants for Meniere’s disease research.
- Meniere’s Research Fund Inc – A nonprofit that focuses on expanding Meniere’s disease research with their own dedicated research scientists by building on the results of Meniere’s disease research from around around the world.
- Hearing Health Foundation – A great nonprofit working to research and cure Tinnitus and hearing loss.
- Run Because – Started by a Meniere’s sufferer to fight for a cure, one half marathon at a time.
Professional and Medical Organizations that Serve the Meniere’s Community:
- Meniere’s Disease Information Center – A comprehensive and exhaustive resource for all things Meniere’s disease.
- Mayo Clinic Meniere’s Disease Information Page
- National Institute of Health Meniere’s Disease Information Page
- Dizziness and Balance Meniere’s Disease Page (Dr. Timothy Hain at the Chicago Dizziness and Hearing Institute)
- Otonomy – A publicly traded biotech firm dedicated to developing new drugs and drug deliver systems for patients with disorders of the ear.
- Xenon Pharmaceuticals – Meniere’s Disease Research Study
Mind Over Meniere’s Tools and Resources:
- The Meniere’s Symptom Trigger Journal Tool – A powerful symptom and lifestyle tracking printable PDF to help keep track of your illness and find your triggers.
- The Symptom Relief Project – An album of special mind-altering Brainwave Entrainment music tracks, each engineered to relieve a different Meniere’s Disease Symptom.
- Don’t Break the Chain – A free printable PDF tool to help you achieve your health and treatment goals.
- Mind Over Meniere’s Book Resources Page – All of the products, links, and resources mentioned in my book.
- The Mind Over Meniere’s Curated Amazon Store – A special curated store filled with products from Amazon.com that are helpful for Meniere’s patients, like low sodium snacks, books, supplements, high-fidelity earplugs, and more!
- Erase Meniere’s Symptoms with a Temporary Lifestyle Cleanse – A Guide to the Lifestyle Changes that can Help Improve Meniere’s disease Symptoms.
- My Every Day Items for Meniere’s Disease – Photos and Links to all of the products I use on a daily basis to help with Meniere’s Disease.
Noteworthy Meniere’s Disease Facebook Pages:
- The Mind Over Meniere’s Facebook Page – The official Mind Over Meniere’s Facebook page. I post interesting articles and content every day. Come join the community!
- The Vestibular Disorders Association (VEDA) Facebook Page
- Meniere’s Resources, Inc. Facebook Page
- The Meniere’s Awareness Project – The Ménière‘s Awareness Project is a global support group, led by Judy McNamara Tripp, with a mission to shed light on those still suffering from Meniere’s disease. I encourage you to click “Like” and follow along.
- The Meniere’s Disease Team
- Meniere’s Disease Awareness: Going4aSpin
- Meniere’s Research Fund Inc
- The Whirled Foundation
- Meniere’s No More – Information on the TMJ/Meniere’s symptom connection
Meniere’s Disease and Chronic Illness Blogs:
- Mind Over Meniere’s
- A Day in the Life with Meniere’s
- My Life with Meniere’s Disease
- Meniere’s: An Inner (Ear) Journey
- Meniere’s and Me
- Rant(hony)-ings – A Meniere’s disease blog
- Steady On Blog
- No Salt Please!
- The Mighty
- Picnic with Ants
- Turning Straw into Gold (Psychology Today Chronic Illness Blog)
- Visible Person Invisible Problem
- The Existential RIP – Reconstructing Life with Chronic Illness
- But You Don’t Look Sick
- The Vestibular Disorder Association Support Group Directory
- Support Groups on Facebook (A small selection. Search “Meniere’s Disease” on Facebook for a larger list)
- Meniere’s Disease Support Group – This is the group I run on Facebook.
- MENIERES SUPPORT GROUP
- Menieres: Stay Positive
- Living with Meniere’s Disease
- Spin Cycle: Meniere’s Disease Chat and Support Group
- Meniere’s Disease (Public Group)
- Meniere’s World Wide
- Vestibular Disorders Support Group
- I suffer from Vertigo/Meniere’s disease
- Meniere’s Disease Group – You are not alone
- Meniere’s Disease UK
- Meniere’s Disease Australia: Down Under Dizzies
- Menieres: Eat Well: Stay Health
- Meniere’s Vertigo Tinnitus TMJ
- Support Group Forums:
Meniere’s Disease Books:
- Mind Over Meniere’s: How I Conquered Meniere’s Disease and Learned to Thrive by (ME!) Glenn Schweitzer
- Let’s Get Better: A Memoir of Meniere’s Disease by Meniere Man
- Overcoming Meniere’s Disease: A Practical Guide by Randy Crane
- Meniere’s Disease: What You Need to Know by P.J. Haybach
- I Can Finally Hear Birds: A Candid, Comical, and Intimate Journey about Hearing Loss, Meniere’s Disease, and Cochlear Implants by Nancy Chovancek
- Meniere Man and the Astronaut: The Self Help Book for Meniere’s Disease by Meniere Man
- My Journey with Meniere’s Disease by Peggy Holloway
Meniere’s Disease Cookbooks:
- Meniere’s Cookbook: Exquisite Gluten-Free Recipes from Around the World by Adriana Londono
- The No Salt Cookbook: Nourishing Recipes with Delicious Mediterranean Influences by Emily George
- Meniere Man in the Kitchen: Recipes That Helped Me Get Over Meniere’s by Meniere Man
- Meniere Man in the Kitchen: Recipes That Helped Me Get Over Meniere’s (Book 2) by Meniere Man
- Healthy Heart Market – An online store specializing in low and no-sodium foods.
- Low Sodium Foods – An online store featuring all kinds of low and no-sodium foods. Servicing Australia and New Zealand Residents only.
- Selecting a Cochlear Implant Surgeon
- Say What Hearing: Say What Hearing is an online resource for individuals in the hard-of-hearing community. Dedicated to hearing loss advocacy, its mission is to inform users, readers, and spouses with loved ones who suffer from hearing loss and tinnitus to take action to improve their hearing.
- The Ultimate List of Tinnitus Links and Resources – A list just like this one, filled with tinnitus related links, resources, organizations, books, treatments, and so much more.
- Rewiring Tinnitus: How I Finally Found Relief From the Ringing in My Ears – My new book! Available now on Amazon. It’s time you found relief from your tinnitus, too.
- Rewiring Tinnitus Blog – The sister blog to Mind Over Meniere’s for all things tinnitus.
If I left anything out, or if you know of another good link or resource, leave it in a comment below and I will add it to the list!